Friday, September 13, 2013

A Game of Thrones

A Game of Thrones
It's not my first time through A Game of Thrones, not by a long shot. But I recently watched the Game of Thrones TV Series Version on DVD, and that reminded me of how much I love the series. I'm on my fifth trip through the first book, but by the time I get to the last one it will only be my second reading of that. (I kept rereading the series every time a new book was about to be released -- or I thought one was about to be released. That George Martin -- quite the tease, isn't he?)

As far as the TV show goes, I liked it, but I feel no compulsion to watch it again right away. The thing about the Song of Ice and Fire series is, the books are so incredibly good that's there's not really much a film version can add to it. (If you've only seen the TV version, waste no time -- read it today. You won't be sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment