Monday, September 9, 2013

M is for Magic

M is for Magic
M Is for Magic is technically classed as Young Adult fiction, but really, it's appropriate for anyone who loves a good tale. It's a collection of short stories by Neil Gaiman, all with a somewhat magical theme, and some of them are pretty darn good.

I'm sort of on the fence as far as Neil Gaiman is concerned. I first discovered him with Good Omens, a wonderful book that he co-wrote with Terry Pratchett. (I'm a huge Terry Pratchett fan.) From there I tried American Gods and Anansi Boys. Although I normally like books in that genre, I found his just a little too grim for my taste. Later on I discovered some of his children's works, and especially loved The Graveyard Book. So, I don't know -- let's just say I love some of his books.

No comments:

Post a Comment